MEA Announces Topics for 2016 Environmental Learning Conference
Natural gas and electric utility and consultant personnel are gathering Sept. 12-14 in Cincinnati, Ohio to hear from industry experts and peers at Midwest ENERGY Association’s (MEA) Environmental Learning Conference.
Speakers from USEPA Region 5, Burns & McDonnell, Montana-Dakota Utilities, Welded Construction, and Ameren Missouri, will present regulatory updates, pipeline & transmission issues, remediation, incremental sampling methodology, and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) technology while attendees earn professional development hours *(PDH).
Through roundtable discussions, optional industry tours, offsite networking activities, and educational sessions, attendees will learn the latest information about:
- Environmental Protection Agency initiatives and carbon sequestration
- Proper retirement of a power plant
- Pipeline construction in wetlands and waterbodies and environmental permits
- Site remediation, residual contamination, risk avoidance, and institutional compliance
- New tools for site characterization and incremental sampling methodology
The conference will also feature an environmental communications roundtable session facilitated by experts from Monti Communications; NiSource, Inc; and Nicor Gas, an AGL Resources Company.
For more information contact Stacey Bonine, staceyb (at) midwestenergy (dot) org, or (651) 289-9600 x114 or visit http://www.midwestenergy.org/ to register.
MEA’s Environmental Learning Conference is sponsored by SET Environmental, Inc, Burns & McDonnell, Sevenson Environmental Services, Inc., WEC Energy Group, and GHD.
*Check each state’s continuing education requirements.